Friday, December 3, 2010

It's time...

to start blogging again, ok not really sure if having done only 5 posts counts as even done it in the past but work with me here.

Since I have started this blog many new and exciting things have happened
1. I quit my job to start my own business!
2. I started my own business
3. I LOVE it and am working hard everyday to find new little "clients," okay I will call them Little Fins Swim School graduates!

So originally quitting my somewhat stable job wasn't scary at all, I had (still have) a plan. I say somewhat stable because other than having a steady income the gov't does some craaazzzyyy things i.e. dropping programs and moving people into other programs (funded Federally) who have no interest or care or even a want to learn about them, but at least they weren't let go completely (so the story goes), you never know from day to day what could come about in your program.

The plan I have, had a wrench thrown into it while doing my training with http://www.infantaquatics.com I was told that I should go out on my own instead of staying there under vetern instructors in the beginning. Well with the temperatures cooling off (yes even in FL) and of the 3 indoor pools within a 20 mile radius not allowing me in, I begged (okay they offered but still) some friends to use their heated backyard pool for a bit. Long story short I have one little swimmer and am still looking for more, oh and still looking for an indoor heated pool to use!!!

While in IN for the holidays I will be offering lessons at the Varsity Club in Mishawaka (Edison Lakes area). It will be 2 weeks (10 total days, December 22- January 4) for 15-20 minutes per day per child. Lessons are normally 4-5 weeks in length for 10 minutes per lesson. Lessons are taught individually and at least once during the training a parent will be able to get in the water (usually after about 4-5 days). The cost of these lessons is $100 (slight discount for multiple children) and you must commit to all 10 days. I completely understand everyone's schedules can be hectic during the holidays but I am willing to accommodate as much as possible to work schedules, family gatherings, and weather (we all know its Northern IN in December so who knows what could happen). If you need someone to bring your child for you let me know and I can help coordinate that also.

The purpose of the lessons being daily and for a somewhat shorter time frame is that when children aged 6 months- 5 years old (and older of course) repeat things more often they also retain the information better; let's go with the old adage "Practice makes perfect"

Please tell your friends and family about this opportunity as it is a great Christmas, Hanukkah, and all around life gift. There is no one else in the Michiana area that teaches such lessons so please try to take advantage of this opportunity.

E-mail littlefins.swim@gmail.com for more information and a registration form. Hope to see and hear from many of you soon!

1 comment:

  1. 1) you have way more guts than I do and not to worry I was worried for you quitting the jobby job.
    2) can't wait for you to be home

    ReplyDelete