Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I know, I know it's been forever since I have written on here but I have been adding a ton of new blogs to my list and have enjoyed all of them! I do have quite the variety I admit but that's ok, I'm someone who has many different interests.

Well let me just start by saying I have been a VERY busy girl with lots of things going on since the last post (but we won't discuss that:P). I have lots of little ones who I am teaching swimming to, all uber cute even when they are screaming, not so cute when I almost end up with a broken limb or bathing suit...still they all are excited to see me and can't wait to come back!

My best friend here in Florida is about ready to POP, that's right Baby T should be here before we know it (technically she is 3 wks from her original due date and is already weighing in at a hefty 9lbs 3oz, as of one week ago...0h and she's breeched). Looks like a c-section is on the horizon (we should find out more today though). I have helped install her car seat already so she can come at anytime, can't wait to babysit, play with, feed, etc once she gets here; finally a baby that is not a plane ride away (though I love all the babies equally it's true)

Baby Z is growning like a weed and eating all kinds of veggies even the ones his parents won't touch (but may soon since I told his momma a little factoid about avacados). I got to see him in early June and will see him again at the end of August when I meet up with the fam in San Diego (more on that later). Also his parents are going to be sooo nice and even let him stay the night with me while in SD, but only the first couple of nights when he is adjusting to the time change, thanks its much appreciated!

Baby V also seems to be enjoying his veggies and continues to get bigger everyday. He also had his first "slumber party" this past wknd w/Grandma/Grandpa V (not sure if official names have been decided on). Baby H (in Tucson) seems to be getting bigger too, but since he's only a month old all he seems to do more now it keep his eyes open!

Oh almost forgot, Sis and I did a half marathon in early June when I went home for the weekend, we both did great despite the apparent record humidity (which for me I did not notice since I live in EXTREME humidity 8 mos out of the yr, the other 4 mos is just ALOT of humidity). For sis it was the longest distance she had run and finished in 2 hrs 16 min and I finished in 2 hrs and a few seconds. Both of us were shooting for under 2hrs but we'll take it and we're going do Indy's Mini-Marathon next May and we'll try again!

I may have mentioned in a much, much earlier post that I attended the Les Mills Body Pump Instructor training waaayyy back in February. Well I have finally submitted my video (that's the last step to an official certification) and I hope to hear back in the next month or two, but from what I understand they are VERY far behind (i.e. a friend who submitted her video before the end of May just heard back earlier this wk). Let me just say this about most group fitness instructors, its ALOT harder than it looks! There is choreography to memorize, exercises to master, music to learn, oh and you can't forget that you have to talk through it all...

Continuing on the working out/gym/fitness front, I also did two, yes TWO 1k lake swims on back-to-back Saturdays. Now as a swimmer the distance is not what I was and currently am still afraid of, its the creatures. It is a lake in Florida, Central Florida to be exact, meaning snakes, gators, turtles, and anything else I don't like to think of could be in the water at anytime. Crazy I know but people do this swim in this lake everyday of the week (there were at least 100 people there each time I went). I have decided though that this swim is not going to be necessary again until I do a triathalon, which may be in October. You can check out www.luckyslakeswim.com to see just how crazy it is/was. Once you do the swim the first time you get to sign "the wall" and get a little goodie package. After you do 25 swims you get a colored swim cap, and for every 25 there is a different colored cap (I mean who doesn't need a new swim cap every now and then?!) Once you do 100 swims (there was a 17 yr old who completed his 100th swim the 1st day I went) your name gets "highlighted" in GOLD marker...oohhh ahhh!

I know this post is all over the place but I'm going to continue going in whatever order my little mind wanders to. So in this case back to the teaching swim lessons, I'm working on a business plan to present to Daddy J as he has shown interest in assisting me with the funding for the Infant Aquatics training (www.infantaquatics.com)!!!!! This is GREAT because that is exactly what was holding me back, now I can plan on leaving my current job in the next few months in order to take the training and start working at Southwest Aquatics (www.southwestaquatics.com) full time teaching the little ones. I will have more information in the next couple of months!

Ok I think that is everything, I promise to be a better blogger in the coming months (I mean I have to let everyone know what happening in San Diego!)

-Marci

1 comment:

  1. Do remember how exciting it was when Brittany bought us new caps especially the year they were GOLD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete