Monday, January 25, 2010

Annoyed

I would just like to reinterate how much I do not like doing powerpoint after powerpoint for the SAME program. I could understand maybe one for youth, one for medical professionals, and one for adults...honestly is that too much to ask?!?! But NO I have to do a NEW presentation for EVERY group I present to and not by choice. To top it all off I don't really even care what they are about and I know that most of the information is not going to affect at least a half of the participants and mainly because most people already have their mind made up about smoking, whether to smoke or not to smoke...ugh plus I seem to always be told to change this slide and change that one, add most statistics to ALL of these, etc, etc. SO frustrated and can't wait to see what a new fiscal year has to bring, like maybe monies to have to drowning prevention program again!!!!! Too bad the new fiscal year is not for another 5 months:(

Also I'm trying to figure out how I would be able to make a living if I just taught CPR, swim lessons, and car seat technicians (the last two would require me to take a bit more specialized training which means more money out of my pocket). To teach CPR on my own I would have to invest in manikins and all the other supplies to hold a class and for the specialized swim instructor training it can be upwards of $12,000 and approx 6-8 weeks of training Mon-Fri...AHHHH, the lead instructors for this type of training are always saying "well you could always take out a loan that's what most of the instructor candidates do."..really?!?! The Car Seat Tech Instructor would not cost nearly as much but almost the same amount of time would be required...can't figure out how I would be able to live for 6-8 weeks or more while I took the above trainings but that would be the best situation on the job front...I think...oh decisions decisions. Plus these are all things that are NEEDED everywhere and anywhere.

Another thing why are all of the new energy efficient light bulbs to big or long to fit "older" fictures?!?! I have tried 2 different bulbs and neither have worked so far, ugh so back tp Publix I go but not tonight of course b/c the Bachelor is on...see where my priorities are???

Ok well until tomorrow, or Wed or Thurs...nite nite

1 comment: