Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shopping addiction:)

Ok so it has been mentioned before about the women of the Hummell Family but its true and its bad...I love to shop and so does the rest of the family. A couple of weeks ago I had jury duty (obviously not the highlight of my day) but once I got officially released from duty I though hmmm, I going to be passing the Millenia Mall (for you all in Indiana its very similar to Keystone Crossing in Indy) on my way home and its only 12:30 so I think I should stop in since I haven't been there in quite some time.



As always I was not there shopping for anything in particular but of course I left with a few impulse purchases...I know I know you are saying then why even bother stopping??? Because I am usually a good "browser" and have been able to walk out many times with ZERO purchases, I swear;) As I started my trek I stopped into Arden B, now I definitely usually just browse here b/c the jeans are all too long for me and I don't really have anywhere to wear their tops and dresses too, but I like to look. Needless to say I got a shirt off the clearance rack...now I just have to have a place to wear it to.



Next stop Hallmark to look at the Vera Bradley bags, oh how I love Vera and all her cute bags and fabrics but why does she have to be so pricey. The collection I currently have of course retired a few years ago so if I wanted my things to match I have to shop ebay for them. So you might ask then why even stop?? Well I did b/c I am determined to find a new favorite pattern, again though I held off as I almost splurged on a bag I told myself would be for taking to and from the gym (which if you haven't learned yet I am at quite a bit). Vera Bradley 0 Marci 1...



Ahh then across the hall just happens to be American Eagle, yes I still shop there on occassion no judging please. With this in mind I also know that their clothes go on sale very often so I rarely buy anything full price, except for this day in particular of course...a new pair of shorts who doesn't NEED them?!?!:) Plus they were a size smaller than I have EVER got so that was enticing too:)



A stroll thru Macy's was in order though nothing was tried on or carried and then discarded, success again!!! I'm telling you I could walk/look at clothes and other said items all day and not get a thing, promise;)



Now onto the second floor...oh before I get there I must tell you it was a good thing that PacSun did not have any sale bathing suits yet, more money saved!!! The 2nd floor is where it got messy though friends...White House Black Market. I originally tell the sales lady I am just looking and then I remember I have a couple of weddings this spring/early summer that I could always use a new dress for...now I am on a mission.



The ladies were extremely helpful (for obvious reasons) and before it was said and done I'm pretty sure I tried on nearly every dress in the store...and like most girls I ended up with the first one I tried on;) Now I did not make the purchase right away, I put it on hold and told the sales lady I would be back within the hour. So I went on my way and of course called Momma E in the mean time to have her tell me that this splurge was acceptable and that I wasn't crazy (or at least too crazy), now I really should have called Clare b/c she is always the voice of reason on purchases such as this;) jk but I always like her response. Momma E said sure what girl doesn't need a new dress, even it is a little pricey and NOT on sale:0



I finished my mall browsing with no other purchases made, I completely skipped Forever XXI b/c I didn't think I was up for sifting thru their mess of clothes, though I always find something super cute.



Back to WHBM I went, I have let myself become content with my purchase to be and could tell from the sales lady's face that she wasn't 100% sure I was going to come back either. Ha I proved her wrong;) Really she was so nice thru it all I didn't really want her to feel bad either...ok prob not a good excuse but it works.



Since this shopping excursion I have purchased a few more gym clothes items, a new hair dryer (which was definitely a need), Jimmy Buffet tickets (x2), a pedicure, hair cut, and I'm sure there are some other things I'm missing but I its true I NEED to make myself stay away from spending money unless it is absolutely necessary, but sometimes I go through spells, I tell myself it happens to everyone.



So now since I know what I already have going on this week and maybe next my cards will be under tight discrentionary use...groceries and gas, ok and maybe a few drinks at the Buffet concert (that is a must;) Don't worry Momma E and Daddy J all bills are being paid w/money still going into savings, I mean I have a new car to buy next month!!!!!



Now that it has taken me almost two days to write this I'm going to bed, nite nite all!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment